You are not connected. Please login or register

Your thoughts on HG/SS so far.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:50 pm

TheHeatFan

avatar
N00B
I just got SS today, and so far im pretty impressed with the game.Whats your take on them so far?

2 Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:26 pm

Shards

avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Wish I had thoughts, but Amazon's being slow in sending my package. . . Although that might just be because I ordered a book to go with my video game.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/12106699

3 Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:18 am

Toast

avatar
PUCL Crew
PUCL Crew
Need. This. Now

(getting it tomorrow ;_Wink


_________________________________
Team Shadow will attack you! They will come out of the shadows and attack you!

4 Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. on Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:31 pm

Shards

avatar
Moderator
Moderator
OMG, same here! At least, I hope so. . . Either the game or the book's coming tomorrow, and I sure as hell hope it's the game.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/12106699

5 Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:25 am

TheHeatFan

avatar
N00B
Shards wrote:OMG, same here! At least, I hope so. . . Either the game or the book's coming tomorrow, and I sure as hell hope it's the game.

Why not buy the game at the store?

6 Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:44 am

Shards

avatar
Moderator
Moderator
'Cause I happened to have an Amazon gift card. . .

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/12106699

7 Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:25 am

TheHeatFan

avatar
N00B
Shards wrote:'Cause I happened to have an Amazon gift card. . .


Oh, thats cool.

8 Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:01 pm

Shards

avatar
Moderator
Moderator
TheHeatFan wrote:
Shards wrote:'Cause I happened to have an Amazon gift card. . .


Oh, thats cool.
That answers your question?

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/12106699

9 Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:08 pm

TheHeatFan

avatar
N00B
Shards wrote:
TheHeatFan wrote:
Shards wrote:'Cause I happened to have an Amazon gift card. . .


Oh, thats cool.
That answers your question?

Yeah, thats pretty tight.

Did you get it yet?

10 Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. on Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:13 pm

Shards

avatar
Moderator
Moderator
yup

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/12106699

11 Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:07 pm

Dreamsaber

avatar
N00B
This game is nothing without the nostalgia factor. It's even worse when its closest relative is DPPt. There no real point in discussing the plot, as with any Pokemon game, but I must say I'm not impressed. Cyrus was crazy, but at least he had more of a presence. This "reborn" Team Rocket makes me wonder how they were ever threatening in the first. The rival is far more interesting. He's pretty cliche, and it's hard to perceive him as evil when truthfully, he just has a better grasp on the game than any other character. Still he's fun to battle when he's not being a jerk and spamming Smokescreen; thank Arceus for Magical Leaf. I hate that they removed Contests. Yeah, I get that the Olympics are popular, but I really don't care about Pokethlons. Worst idea ever. The dirth of Pokemon is also depressing, but I guess it gives some incentive to travel further.
Who else noticed the Pokemon that say something other than their name, lol? Biggachu!

12 Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:00 am

Larz the Techno Viking

avatar
N00B
So far, story line aside, I think GameFreak has really stepped up their game. They had fixxed alot of problems that I had found in DPPt. I do enjoy how they made this version able to be completely controled by the touch screen, minus movement controls. I also found it interesting how they created the berry pots for you to carry w/ you, thus keeping me from having to trek all over the map to scoop up all the berries I planted. I can not begin to tell you how many times I forgot where or just forgot that I even planted them in the first place. I think the only real gripe I have with the franchise is the events. Not everyone can get to the events that give access to all the badass stuff they put in to the games. Hopefully they will make it easier to get with the wifi/mystery gift option.

http://www.myspace.com/djryan74552

13 Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:05 pm

Dreamsaber

avatar
N00B
Larz the Techno Viking wrote:So far, story line aside, I think GameFreak has really stepped up their game. They had fixxed alot of problems that I had found in DPPt. I do enjoy how they made this version able to be completely controled by the touch screen, minus movement controls. I also found it interesting how they created the berry pots for you to carry w/ you, thus keeping me from having to trek all over the map to scoop up all the berries I planted. I can not begin to tell you how many times I forgot where or just forgot that I even planted them in the first place. I think the only real gripe I have with the franchise is the events. Not everyone can get to the events that give access to all the badass stuff they put in to the games. Hopefully they will make it easier to get with the wifi/mystery gift option.

Lawl, yeah, this is more user friendly than DP; I still shudder at the thought of surfing in those two.... Apricorns are just as inconvenient as berries though, if not moreso. Assuming you've beaten the game, each town has at least 8 nearby berry spots (save Twinleaf). That one berry map was useful, it let you know where your forgotten berries are, lol. They should've made that app monitor the soil so you could water it, not just when the berries are up. Events are indeed rough; they need to make them longer to ensure we can get to them during holidays. At the very least, they need to make sure events are available for two weekends; stores around me typically host it from Saturday to Friday.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum