Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reactions to Nintendo's legal action

+2
pokeman
AbsolAUS91
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Empty Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:20 am

AbsolAUS91

AbsolAUS91
N00B

as many of you may have heard, nintendo have threatened serebii and pokebeach with legal action over their use of pictures from B&W. I'm curious about the reactions puclteers may have, i personally am furious that nintendo have decided to do this, i feel it ruins the celebration of a new generation, but that's just my opinion.

2Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Empty Re: Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:15 pm

pokeman

pokeman
N00B

I think that nintendo is up to something since they did not do this for dp.

3Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Empty Re: Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:49 pm

TheHeatFan

TheHeatFan
N00B

I don't know about what POKEMAN said, I don't think they're up to something. However, since apparently they didn't do this for D/P, I'm starting to believe that maybe this is a hoax. I don't have any proof, I'm just sayin'.

But if it isn't a hoax, I must say that this is a rediculous thing for Nintendo to do. How can these sites possibly hurt Nintendo in any way, shape, or form by pretty much advertising their games for free? If there is, I'd like to hear it.

4Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Empty Re: Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:08 pm

Smythy

Smythy
N00B

TheHeatFan wrote:I don't know about what POKEMAN said, I don't think they're up to something. However, since apparently they didn't do this for D/P, I'm starting to believe that maybe this is a hoax. I don't have any proof, I'm just sayin'.

But if it isn't a hoax, I must say that this is a rediculous thing for Nintendo to do. How can these sites possibly hurt Nintendo in any way, shape, or form by pretty much advertising their games for free? If there is, I'd like to hear it.

Thats true, but they could want the game to stay fresh for when its released over in America and Europe.

But they did'nt say anything about releasing details, which is odd. Just the pictures.

5Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Empty Re: Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:27 am

pokeman

pokeman
N00B

Smythy wrote:
TheHeatFan wrote:I don't know about what POKEMAN said, I don't think they're up to something. However, since apparently they didn't do this for D/P, I'm starting to believe that maybe this is a hoax. I don't have any proof, I'm just sayin'.

Thats true, but they could want the game to stay fresh for when its released over in America and Europe.

But they did'nt say anything about releasing details, which is odd. Just the pictures.
maybe because they thought telling sites to remove everything would cause a riot Very Happy

6Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Empty Re: Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:47 am

Shards

Shards

Actually, there is good reason for Nintendo to ban use of pictures from Black and White. The pictures are copyrighted, and were used without permission. As for the pictures Nintendo released, those became free realm BECAUSE Nintendo released the pictures before the release date of the actual copyrighted material. If Serebii and Pokebeach had/were to request permission to use the pictures, then it probably wouldn't be much of a problem, as I believe Nintendo would not be put-off by the idea of free, LEGALIZED and CONSENTED advertising.

That's all.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/12106699

7Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Empty Re: Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:53 pm

Smythy

Smythy
N00B

*insert conspiracy theory here*
But really, Shards is right, except I dont know WHY their making such a big deal about it. If people wanted to, they could find images on the internet just by searching for it. Serebii's been around for a good 3 or 4 generations, with countless games being released, and Nintendo have never bothered to do something like this before.

8Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Empty Re: Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:22 am

AbsolAUS91

AbsolAUS91
N00B

i just don't see why they need to take such drastic measures-it's not losing them any money if the pictures are released, people simply want to see what's new, i think it's a bit of a fail to act so agressively here...

9Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Empty Re: Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:09 pm

pokeman

pokeman
N00B

AbsolAUS91 wrote:i just don't see why they need to take such drastic measures-it's not losing them any money if the pictures are released, people simply want to see what's new, i think it's a bit of a fail to act so agressively here...
Maybe they just prove they have that much power.

10Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Empty Re: Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:35 am

AbsolAUS91

AbsolAUS91
N00B

pokeman, i like the way you think, nintendo have been doing more than this recently to prove their muscle, which they never really have before...

11Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Empty Re: Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:06 am

Smythy

Smythy
N00B

Your pretty much calling Nintendo a Tyrant there...
I think that the 'legal action' might have been in some way lessened, as Serebii seem to be allowed to put the sprites up.

12Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Empty Re: Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:10 am

pokeman

pokeman
N00B

AbsolAUS91 wrote:pokeman, i like the way you think, nintendo have been doing more than this recently to prove their muscle, which they never really have before...
I wonder if nintendo will start to go after people who download ds games.

13Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Empty Re: Reactions to Nintendo's legal action Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Ecko

Ecko
Site Developer
Site Developer

pokeman wrote:
AbsolAUS91 wrote:pokeman, i like the way you think, nintendo have been doing more than this recently to prove their muscle, which they never really have before...
I wonder if nintendo will start to go after people who download ds games.

Well I downloaded all of the sprites, so I guess... I better get a runnin'

http://puclpodcast.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum