Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your thoughts on HG/SS so far.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Empty Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:50 pm

TheHeatFan

TheHeatFan
N00B

I just got SS today, and so far im pretty impressed with the game.Whats your take on them so far?

2Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Empty Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:26 pm

Shards

Shards

Wish I had thoughts, but Amazon's being slow in sending my package. . . Although that might just be because I ordered a book to go with my video game.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/12106699

3Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Empty Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:18 am

Toast

Toast
PUCL Crew
PUCL Crew

Need. This. Now

(getting it tomorrow ;_Wink

4Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Empty Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:31 pm

Shards

Shards

OMG, same here! At least, I hope so. . . Either the game or the book's coming tomorrow, and I sure as hell hope it's the game.

5Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Empty Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:25 am

TheHeatFan

TheHeatFan
N00B

Shards wrote:OMG, same here! At least, I hope so. . . Either the game or the book's coming tomorrow, and I sure as hell hope it's the game.

Why not buy the game at the store?

6Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Empty Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:44 am

Shards

Shards

'Cause I happened to have an Amazon gift card. . .

7Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Empty Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:25 am

TheHeatFan

TheHeatFan
N00B

Shards wrote:'Cause I happened to have an Amazon gift card. . .

Oh, thats cool.

8Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Empty Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:01 pm

Shards

Shards

TheHeatFan wrote:

Oh, thats cool.
That answers your question?

9Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Empty Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:08 pm

TheHeatFan

TheHeatFan
N00B

Shards wrote:
TheHeatFan wrote:

Oh, thats cool.
That answers your question?

Yeah, thats pretty tight.

Did you get it yet?

10Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Empty Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:13 pm

Shards

Shards

yup

11Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Empty Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:07 pm

Dreamsaber

Dreamsaber
N00B

This game is nothing without the nostalgia factor. It's even worse when its closest relative is DPPt. There no real point in discussing the plot, as with any Pokemon game, but I must say I'm not impressed. Cyrus was crazy, but at least he had more of a presence. This "reborn" Team Rocket makes me wonder how they were ever threatening in the first. The rival is far more interesting. He's pretty cliche, and it's hard to perceive him as evil when truthfully, he just has a better grasp on the game than any other character. Still he's fun to battle when he's not being a jerk and spamming Smokescreen; thank Arceus for Magical Leaf. I hate that they removed Contests. Yeah, I get that the Olympics are popular, but I really don't care about Pokethlons. Worst idea ever. The dirth of Pokemon is also depressing, but I guess it gives some incentive to travel further.
Who else noticed the Pokemon that say something other than their name, lol? Biggachu!

12Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Empty Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:00 am

Larz the Techno Viking

Larz the Techno Viking
N00B

So far, story line aside, I think GameFreak has really stepped up their game. They had fixxed alot of problems that I had found in DPPt. I do enjoy how they made this version able to be completely controled by the touch screen, minus movement controls. I also found it interesting how they created the berry pots for you to carry w/ you, thus keeping me from having to trek all over the map to scoop up all the berries I planted. I can not begin to tell you how many times I forgot where or just forgot that I even planted them in the first place. I think the only real gripe I have with the franchise is the events. Not everyone can get to the events that give access to all the badass stuff they put in to the games. Hopefully they will make it easier to get with the wifi/mystery gift option.

http://www.myspace.com/djryan74552

13Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Empty Re: Your thoughts on HG/SS so far. Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:05 pm

Dreamsaber

Dreamsaber
N00B

Larz the Techno Viking wrote:So far, story line aside, I think GameFreak has really stepped up their game. They had fixxed alot of problems that I had found in DPPt. I do enjoy how they made this version able to be completely controled by the touch screen, minus movement controls. I also found it interesting how they created the berry pots for you to carry w/ you, thus keeping me from having to trek all over the map to scoop up all the berries I planted. I can not begin to tell you how many times I forgot where or just forgot that I even planted them in the first place. I think the only real gripe I have with the franchise is the events. Not everyone can get to the events that give access to all the badass stuff they put in to the games. Hopefully they will make it easier to get with the wifi/mystery gift option.

Lawl, yeah, this is more user friendly than DP; I still shudder at the thought of surfing in those two.... Apricorns are just as inconvenient as berries though, if not moreso. Assuming you've beaten the game, each town has at least 8 nearby berry spots (save Twinleaf). That one berry map was useful, it let you know where your forgotten berries are, lol. They should've made that app monitor the soil so you could water it, not just when the berries are up. Events are indeed rough; they need to make them longer to ensure we can get to them during holidays. At the very least, they need to make sure events are available for two weekends; stores around me typically host it from Saturday to Friday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]